Responsible for analyzing monthly sales, shipping, and forecast data to ensure appropriate inventory levels are planned for assigned markets. Develop parameters for forecast generation through ERP and run MRP. Maintain settings in ERP system to keep system output accurate. Work with Buyers, Planners, Accounting, and Logistic teams to ensure ERP planning data and item setup is completed and correct. Work with Buyers and Planners to develop forecasts and buying strategies for products in assigned markets. Coordinate shipments to domestic and international warehouses through initiating transfers and arranging transportation with Logistics team. Set shipping and transfer schedules to meet market needs. Create and place PO’s for assigned items. Participate in process improvement efforts. Assist with planning and transportation strategies. Reports to Procurement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Review sales, shipments, and forecast data to develop forecast models and demand planning.
- Maintain set up of ERP system, including item setup, forecast parameters, demand planning, lead-time, and bill of materials.
- Generate and run approved forecasts in MRP and create demand plan.
- Monitor inventory levels in assigned markets.
- Review and prepare all transfer and shipment requests for international markets.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly physical inventory counts and reconciliation.
- Analyze and prepare reports on planning, shipments and transportation data.
- Optimize inventory levels to reduce carrying costs and purge risk
- Controlling shipment costs by avoiding airfreight, reviewing shipment costs, and shopping more competitive methods
- Assist Buyers and Demand Planners with daily tasks.
- Issue PO’s and needed for assigned items.
- Update managers.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in supply chain activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred.
- Network marketing industry experience is a plus.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of supply chain systems, concepts, processes and requirements.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- A proactive and decisive attitude.
- An aptitude to collaborate, overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and ERP systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.